87 Views · 15 Downloads · ☆☆☆☆☆ 0.0
Topical metformin 30 % gel in the treatment of acne vulgaris: A split face, placebo controlled study
PUBLISHED May 02, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2305p9881146)
NOT PEER REVIEWED
Nermeen Bedair1 , Rehab Shamma2 , Nesma Abdo3 , Mohammed Elkomy4
- Department of dermatology, Faculty of medicine, Helwan Univesity
- Department of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University
- National Hepatology and Tropical Medicine Institute, Cairo, Egypt
- Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University
Conference / event
- American Academy of Dermatology Meeting 2023, March 2023 (New orleans, United States)
- This split face study was designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of 12 weeks application of daily topical metformin in comparison to placebo in the treatment of 21 adolescent female patients suffering from acne vulgaris. Papules were the first lesions to start showing significant improvement by week 4, while comedones took 12 weeks to show significant improvement. Conclusion:Topical metformin nanoemulsion gel can be a promising safe and effective treatment of acne vulgaris.
- Acne, Metformin, Topical
- Chernyshov P v., Zouboulis CC, Tomas-Aragones L, Jemec GB, Manolache L, Tzellos T, et al. Quality of life measurement in acne. Position Paper of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology Task Forces on Quality of Life and Patient Oriented Outcomes and Acne, Rosacea and Hidradenitis Suppurativa. Vol. 32, Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. Blackwell Publishing Ltd; 2018. p. 194–208.
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Bedair et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Bedair, N., Shamma, R., Abdo, N., Elkomy, M. Topical metformin 30 % gel in the treatment of acne vulgaris: A split face, placebo controlled study [not peer reviewed]. Peeref 2023 (poster).Copy citation