Last modified: Feb 10, 2022
We at Peeref, owned and operated by a Massachusetts limited liability company ("Company" or "We"), respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.peeref.com (our "Website").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect:
- Through the Website; and
- Via email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Website.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- You provide to or is collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website (see Third-Party Information Collection).
These other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Our Website does not currently respond to "do not track" requests from your browser.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website, register any username, make any purchases through Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
When you access the Website, we collect several types of information from and about you, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, publication record, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the text, images, audio, or other content you post or upload to forums on the Website; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us via the Website.
- Automatically as you navigate the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting content, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of any transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order with us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website or third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you access our Website, we may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. We may automatically collect certain details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your computer or mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Website also may access metadata and other information associated with other files uploaded from your computer or device. This may include, for example, photographs, and audio and video clips.
- Location Information. The Website does not collect real-time information about the location of your device; however, we may infer your location based on any institutional email address that you provide us.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Parts of our Website, and our emails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website or statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking). To opt out of behavioral tracking, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Website or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use our Website. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Present our Website to you, and provide any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide that information.
- Give you notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though the Website or any other websites we operate.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website.
- To notify you of events, publications, or other information, as you may request, relating to interests you have indicated.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). To opt out of behavioral tracking, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by helping us to:
- Customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form), or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Peeref’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Peeref about our Website's users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you gave us an email address to use an "email a friend" feature of our Website, we would transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Peeref, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in any public areas of the Website, like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.