46 Views · 19 Downloads · ☆☆☆☆☆ 0.0
Estimation of potatoes moisture diffusion coefficient by means of a non-linear estimator
PUBLISHED October 24, 2022 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2210p1820431)
NOT PEER REVIEWED
Carlos Martínez-Vera1 , Mario Vizcarra-Mendoza1 , Aislinn Ramos-Medina1 , Zaida Ortíz-Hernández1
- Departamento de Ingeniería de Procesos e Hidráulica, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana-Iztapalapa,
Conference / event
- 4th Nordic Baltic Drying Conference, September 2022 (Wroclaw, Poland)
- The moisture diffusion coefficients of potatoes were determined at three temperature levels neglecting and taking into account the shrinkage associated to the drying process. The methodology chosen for the diffusion coefficient estimation when the associated shrinkage is taken in account is based in a non-linear estimator (a Luenberger estimator). An Arrhenius type expression for the diffusion coefficient as function of temperature is proposed. The results obtained without taking into account the volume reduction are compared with those obtained when the volume reduction is considered.
- Moisture diffusivity, Parameter estimation, Drying-shrinking, Potatoes drying
- Agriculture, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering
- Bastin G., Dochain D. (1990) On-line Estimation and Adaptive Control of Bioreactors, Elsevier Science Publishers, Amsterdam.
- Gelb, A. (1974) Applied Optimal Estimation, M. I. T. Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
- Martínez, C., Schaum, A., Álvarez, J., Vizcarra, M. (2013) An Observer Based Methodology for Estimating Concentration-Dependent Diffusion Coefficients in Drying Considering Shrinkage, International Journal of Food Engineering.
- No data provided
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2022 Martínez-Vera et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.