The effect of polyethylene with grafted maleic anhydride on the properties of secondary polypropylene with the inclusion of aluminosilicate microspheres
PUBLISHED July 06, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p1444911)
Artur Psyanchin1 , Elena Zakharova1 , Vadim Zakharov1
- Ufa University of Science and Technology
Conference / event
- 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials ASAM-8., July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- Aluminosilicate (ASM) and hollow glass microspheres (HGM) are promising fillers for recycled polypropylene (PP) due to their high chemical resistance, cheapness and low true density, due to which it is possible to obtain lightweight and durable plastic products with the possibility of their recycling. Due to the incompatibility of polypropylene and aluminosilicate microspheres in the preparation of polymer composites, the tensile strength of the samples decreases, and therefore the purpose of this work was to study the effect of polyethylene with grafted maleic anhydride (PE MA) on the properties of secondary polypropylene containing aluminosilicate and hollow glass microspheres. The inclusion of 1 to 5% polyethylene with maleic anhydride practically does not change the melt flow rate of polymer composites and at the same time an increase in the tensile strength of polymer composites is observed using the AGS-X Shimadzu testing machine.
- Aluminosilicate microspheres, Polypropylene, Hollow glass microspheres, Polyethylene with grafted maleic anhydride
- Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
- No data provided
- This research was funded by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation (scientific code FZWU-2023-0002)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Psyanchin et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Add your recorded webinar
Do you already have a recorded webinar? Grow your audience and get more views by easily listing your recording on Peeref.Upload Now
Become a Peeref-certified reviewer
The Peeref Institute provides free reviewer training that teaches the core competencies of the academic peer review process.Get Started