Evaluation of biocomposites' defectiveness, the effect of defectiveness on water absorption
PUBLISHED July 06, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p5146647)
Pantyukhov Petr1 , Shelenkov Pavel2 , Khaidarov Bekzod3 , Popov Anatoly1
- Emanuel Institute of Biochemical Physics RAS, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics
- Emanuel Institute of Biochemical Physics RAS
- National University of Science and Technology “MISiS”
Conference / event
- Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials (ASAM-8), July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- Examining highly filled biocomposite materials based on EVA and cellulosic fillers (microcrystalline cellulose and wood flour), visible structural defects were found in certain samples. To assess the degree of defectiveness of the structure of such biocomposites, the difference between the real and theoretical densities was estimated. Theoretical density was calculated as a sum of densities of matrix and filler. Real density was measured by hydrostatic weighting in liquid media. There was a large defect rate gap between 60 and 70% of wood flour (WF). It means that WF_70 composite is very defective and cannot be used for the manufacture of products as it is. It was poven by the data on water absorption, the difference between WF_60 and WF_70 was 10.0%, that is very high. Thus, the assessment of the defectiveness of biocomposite by the difference in densities is very important for the primary characteristics of the obtained biocomposite material.
- Defectiveness, Biocomposite, Ethylene vinyl acetate, Wood flour, Microcrystalline cellulose
- M. Brebu, Polymers 12 (2020) 166
- A.K. Zykova, P.V. Pantyukhov, N.N. Kolesnikova, et al., J Polym Environ 26 (2018) 1343–1354
- P.G. Shelenkov, P.V. Pantyukhov, A.A. Popov, IOP Conf. Ser.: Mat. Sci.Eng., 369-1 (2018) 012043
- P.G. Shelenkov, P.V. Pantyukhov, A.A. Popov, Mat. Sci. Forum, 992 (2020) 306–310
- Shelenkov P.G., Pantyukhov P.V., Poletto M., Popov A.A. Influence of Vinyl Acetate Content and Melt Flow Index of Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate Copolymer on Physico-Mechanical and Physico-Chemical Properties of Highly Filled Biocomposites. Polymers, 2023, 15, 2639. https://doi.org/10.3390/polym15122639
- Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (No. Internal grant)
- Full article with other parts of the work Download
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Petr et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Find Funding. Review Successful Grants.
Explore over 25,000 new funding opportunities and over 6,000,000 successful grants.Explore
Become a Peeref-certified reviewer
The Peeref Institute provides free reviewer training that teaches the core competencies of the academic peer review process.Get Started