Influence of preparation conditions on activity of bulk Co3O4-based catalysts in the N2O decomposition
PUBLISHED July 06, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p1093428)
Yuliya Ivanova1 , Lyubov Isupova1
- Boreskov Institute of Catalysis SB RAS
Conference / event
- Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials (ASAM-8), July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- Nitrous oxide is a strong greenhouse gas. Nitrous oxide is a contributor to the destruction of ozone in the stratosphere and a strong greenhouse gas. A reduction of N2O emission from industrial sources is indispensable. To date, there are two EnviNOx® technologies for the combined removal of N2O and NOX from tail gases a zeolite catalyst, both technologies require additional energy consumption for tail gas heating up to 300–600°C. A single-reactor scheme for the abatement of NOX and N2O under the conditions of a SCR reactor in Russia at 220-280C can be economically advantageous. For such a scheme, it is preferable to use a low-temperature N2O decomposition catalyst with the geometry of a honeycomb block or cylindrical granules. The second layer of the N2O decomposition catalyst must have mechanical strength, uniformity and must not create hydraulic resistance.
- Substituted cobalt spinel, Nitrous oxide decomposition, Loosely bound oxygen species
- No data provided
- This work was supported by the budget project for the Boreskov Institute of Catalysis. (No. AAAA-A21-121011490008-3)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Ivanova et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Add your recorded webinar
Do you already have a recorded webinar? Grow your audience and get more views by easily listing your recording on Peeref.Upload Now
Become a Peeref-certified reviewer
The Peeref Institute provides free reviewer training that teaches the core competencies of the academic peer review process.Get Started