Plasmon-enhanced luminescence of S,N-doped carbon dots
PUBLISHED July 06, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p7089502)
Niyazbek Ibrayev1 , Evgeniya Seliverstova1 , Gulnur Amanzholova1
- Institute of Molecular Nanophotonics, Buketov Karaganda University
Conference / event
- 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials (ASAM-8), July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- The effect of plasmonic nanoparticles (NPs) of Ag on the properties of fast and long-lived luminescence of CDs films with various compositions was studied, which was varied by changing the ratio of citric acid and L-cysteine. The synthesis of CDs was performed by microwave synthesis method. The molar ratio of citric acid:L-cysteine was equal to 1:0, 1:0.5 and 1:1. Under the plasmonic effect of silver NPs, the intensity of absorption and luminescence of carbon dots films increases. The greatest enhancement effect of both fluorescence and long-lived luminescence was registered for 1:1 carbon dots and it was equal to 1.6 and 2.7 times, respectively. The decreasing luminescence lifetime indicates an increase in the radioactive decay rate of the excited electronic singlet and triplet states of carbon dots.
- S,N-doped carbon dots, Silver island films, Plasmon effect, Luminescence
- Nanoengineering, Material Sciences, Physics
- No data provided
- This research is funded by the Science Committee of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan (No. AP09259913)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Ibrayev et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Publish scientific posters with Peeref
Peeref publishes scientific posters from all research disciplines. Our Diamond Open Access policy means free access to content and no publication fees for authors.Learn More
Become a Peeref-certified reviewer
The Peeref Institute provides free reviewer training that teaches the core competencies of the academic peer review process.Get Started