Effect of Ag/TiO2 core/shell nanostructures on the photocatalytic activity of the TiO2/rGO nanocomposite material
PUBLISHED July 06, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p5991014)
Evgeniya Seliverstova1 , Timur Serikov1 , Aigyl Sadykova1 , Niyazbek Ibrayev1
- Institute of Molecular Nanophotonics, Buketov Karaganda University
Conference / event
- 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials (ASAM-8), July 2023 (Novisibirsk, Russian Federation)
- The effect of Ag/TiO2 core/shell plasmonic nanostructures on the photocatalytic activity of a nanocomposite material based on TiO2 and reduced graphene oxide (rGO) was studied. The nanocomposite was obtained by hydrothermal synthesis. Ag/TiO2 nanostructures are consisted of Ag NPs with an average diameter of 26 nm and a TiO2 shell of 10 nm thick, were added to the prepared nanocomposite at concentrations of 0.1, 0.3 and 0.5 wt%. Measurements have shown that the presence of Ag/TiO2 nanostructures leads to the increase in photocurrent values in 2.8 times compared to films without plasmon NPs. It was found that nanocomposite films doped with Ag/TiO2 have a lower values of resistance to charge carrier transport, as well as resistance associated with recombination processes. In addition the lifetime of charge carriers was increased in the presence of plasmon NPs.
- Titanium oxide, Reduced graphene oxide, Core/shell nanostructure, Nanocomposite, Photocathalytic properties, Impedance
- Physics, Material Sciences, Nanoengineering
- No data provided
- This research is funded by the Science Committee of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan (No. AP14871956)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Seliverstova et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Find Funding. Review Successful Grants.
Explore over 25,000 new funding opportunities and over 6,000,000 successful grants.Explore
Publish scientific posters with Peeref
Peeref publishes scientific posters from all research disciplines. Our Diamond Open Access policy means free access to content and no publication fees for authors.Learn More