Influence of the solvent on the dynamics of excited electrons in plasmonic nanoparticles of silver
PUBLISHED July 06, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p6916984)
Niyazbek Ibrayev1 , Evgeniya Seliverstova1 , Assel Kanapina1
- Institute of Molecular Nanophotonics, Buketov Karaganda University
Conference / event
- The 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials (ASAM-8), July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- In this work, the effect of the solvent on the dynamics of excited electrons in the Ag NP is investigated. Silver NPs were synthesized by laser ablation method. The average diameter of the NPs (ZetasizerS90, Malvern) was equal to 19.3±4.1 nm. Next, solutions were prepared with a constant concentration of NP Ag, but with a different ratio of ethanol and water, which was equal to 1:0, 1:1 and 0:1. It is shown that an increase in the number of water molecules around the Ag NP leads to a decrease in both the intensity and duration of the transient absorption of Ag NP obtained by laser ablation. The long-lived transient absorption of NP Ag can be explained on the basis of the concept of interfacial micro-convective heat exchange between the surface of the NP metal and the molecules of the medium.
- Silver nanoparticle, Plasmon, Transient absorbtion, Solvent, Eletron dynamics
- Nanoengineering, Material Sciences, Physics
- No data provided
- This research is funded by the Science Committee of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan (No. AP14870117)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Ibrayev et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Publish scientific posters with Peeref
Peeref publishes scientific posters from all research disciplines. Our Diamond Open Access policy means free access to content and no publication fees for authors.Learn More
Become a Peeref-certified reviewer
The Peeref Institute provides free reviewer training that teaches the core competencies of the academic peer review process.Get Started