Synthesis and characterization of L-lysine polyurethane (LPU) nanoparticles for drug delivery system
PUBLISHED July 03, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p9824908)
Soojeong Choi1 , Seoeun Oh1 , Ildoo Chung1
- Pusan National University
Conference / event
- 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials ASAM-8, July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- To obtain biodegradable biomaterial for matrix of drug delivery, L-lysine polyurethane(LPU) was designed using the biodegradable triblock oligomer polylactide-poly(ethylene glycol)-polylactide(PLA-PEG-PLA) as a soft segment, 1,6-hexamethylene diisocyanate(HMDI) as a hard segment and L-lysine ethyl ester(LEE) as a chain extender. PLA-PEG-PLA was synthesized by ring opening polymerization(ROP) of lactide monomer onto poly(ethylene glycol) core and stannous octoate as a catalyst. LEE was synthesized by esterification of L-lysine with ethanol using thionyl chloride as a catalyst. LPU nanoparticles were fabricated by using water-in-oil-in-water double emulsion technique.
- Drug delivery system, Biodegradable, Doublbe emulsion method, Ring opening polymerization, Polyurethane
- Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences
- Soo-Yong Park, Yang H. Yun, Bum-Joon Park, Hyung-Il Seo, Ildoo Chung, Fabrication and Biological Activities of Plasmid DNA Gene Carrier Nanoparticles Based on Biodegradable L-Tyrosine Polyurethane, Pharmaceuticals, 2022, vol 15, 17-33
- Soo-Yong Park, Jiin Kang, Ji-Young Yoon, Ildoo Chung, Synthesis and Characterization of Polyfumarateurethane Nanoparticles for Sustained Release of Bupivacaine, Pharmaceutics, 2020, vol 12, 281-293
- the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) (No. 2022R1I1A30535561162182065300101)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Choi et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Publish scientific posters with Peeref
Peeref publishes scientific posters from all research disciplines. Our Diamond Open Access policy means free access to content and no publication fees for authors.Learn More
Become a Peeref-certified reviewer
The Peeref Institute provides free reviewer training that teaches the core competencies of the academic peer review process.Get Started