Fabrication and properties of PEKK-based hybrid 3D printable dental composite resin
PUBLISHED July 03, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p7306119)
Chaeyoung Jeon1 , Sujin Kim1 , Ildoo Chung1
- Pusan National University
Conference / event
- The 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials (ASAM-8), July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- Poly aryl ether ketones (PAEKs) has now gradually become the leading polymer material in the fields of biomedical polymer, due to its good biocompatibility and high thermal, mechanical properties. Among PAEKs, PEKK has advantages such as higher thermal stability, better mechanical properties, versatile chemistry due to two ketone bonds compared to other PAEKs. We focused on poly(ether ketone ketone) based oligomer to improve the mechanical properties of dental resin. In this study, HEMA-terminated poly(ether ketone ketone) oligomer (CAEKK-HEMA) was synthesized using carboxylic acid-terminated poly(ether ketone ketone) oligomer (CA-EKK) and 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate (HEMA) and characterized by FT-IR, 1H-NMR, and GPC. The mixture of CAEKK-HEMA and ethoxylated bis-GMA (EBPDMA) with various ratios were photopolymerized by DLP 3D printing technique and their mechanical properties such as compressive and flexural strength were investigated.
- PEEK, 3D prinitng, Engineering plastic, HEMA, Dental composite, Hybrid composite
- Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences, Nanoengineering
- ] Sakaguchi, Yoshimitsu, Masaya Tokai, and Yasuo Kato. "Synthesis of poly (ether ketone) by Friedel—Crafts acylation: effects of reaction conditions." Polymer 34.7 (1993): 1512-1515.
- Sakaguchi, Yoshimitsu, et al. "Polymerization Behavior of Poly (ether ketone) via Friedel–Crafts Acylation Studied by End-Group Analysis with 1 H NMR." Polymer journal 34.3 (2002): 219-224.
- No data provided
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Jeon et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Find the ideal target journal for your manuscript
Explore over 38,000 international journals covering a vast array of academic fields.Search
Become a Peeref-certified reviewer
The Peeref Institute provides free reviewer training that teaches the core competencies of the academic peer review process.Get Started