Synthesis and characterization of highly stretchable polyurethane based on polyrotaxane composed of movable non-covalent bonds
PUBLISHED July 03, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p9252287)
Jihyun Lee1 , Sumin Kwak1 , Jinwoong Jung2 , Ildoo Chung1
- Pusan National University
- Dongah Chemical Co., Ltd
Conference / event
- 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials ASAM-8, July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- In this study, highly stretchable low covered movable slide-ring polymer flim was synthesized by crosslinking poly(propylene glycol)-methyl-β-cyclodextrin polyrotaxane(MePR) with diisocyanate. Methylated polyrotaxane was synthesized from methylated β-cyclodextrin (Me-β-CD) and poly(propylene glycol) (PPG) with a molecular weight of 4000, and expected to have higher elongation properties than full covered polyrotaxane because of easier movement of ring structure along the main chain. The slide ring movement of crosslinked Me-β-CD on polyurethane backbone allows to stretch without deformation. These unique properties of the resulting polyurethane potentially act as flexible materials and create new opportunities for biomedical applications. The low covered polyrotaxane and polyurethane were characterized by FT-IR and 1H-NMR spectroscopies. In addition, and the elongation of polyurethane was shown through tensile strength measurement.
- Polymer, Advanced polymer, Supermolecular, Cyclodextrin, Polyrotaxane, Polyurethane
- Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Sciences
- Ma, Xing and Zhao, Yanli. Biomedical Applications of Supramolecular Systems Based on Host–Guest Interactions. Chemical Reviews. 2015, 115 (15), 7794-7839
- Kohei Koyanagi, Yoshinori Takashima, Hiroyasu Yamaguchi, Akira Harada. Movable Cross-Linked Polymeric Materials from Bulk Polymerization of Reactive Polyrotaxane Cross-Linker with Acrylate Monomers. Macromolecules. 2017, 50 (15), 5695-5700
- Taishi Higashi, Jun Li, Xia Song, Jingling Zhu, Masatoshi Taniyoshi, Fumitoshi Hirayama, Daisuke Iohara, Keiichi Motoyama, and Hidetoshi Arima. Thermoresponsive Formation of Dimethyl Cyclodextrin Polypseudorotaxanes and Subsequent One-Pot Synthesis of Polyrotaxanes, ACS Macro Letters. 2016, 5 (2), 158-162
- Tamura, A.; Nishida, K.; Yui, N. Tailoring the Temperature-Induced Phase Transition and Coacervate Formation of Methylated β-Cyclodextrins-Threaded Polyrotaxanes in Aqueous Solution, Macromolecules. 2016, 49, 16, 6021–6030
- No data provided
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Lee et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.