Synthesis and characterization of flexible and strong polyurethane using PPG-βCD-polyrotaxane as a chain extender
PUBLISHED July 03, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p2938883)
Jihyun Lee1 , Sumin Kwak1 , Md Hasan Turabee1 , Kyungman Choi2 , Ildoo Chung1
- Pusan National University
- Korea Institute of Footwear and Leather Technology
Conference / event
- 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials ASAM-8, July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- Highly stretchable polymer have getting much attention because of their unique properties. In this study, a highly stretchable polymer was synthesized by crosslinking polyurethane with pre-synthesized polyrotaxane from polypropylene glycol (PPG) with low covered cyclodextrin (CD) which acts as both chain extender and crosslinker. Polyrotaxane was used to synthesized by threading beta cyclodextrin (β-CD) along the axis of PPG-diamine polymer backbone followed end capped with 2,4,6-trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid (TNBS). The synthesized polyurethane and polyrotaxane were characterized by 1HNMR and FTIR spectroscopies. Coverage of polyrotaxane was adjusted by mole ratio of PPG and β-CD. DSC and TGA were used to characterize thermal properties of polyurethane. Tensile test was also conducted to measure elongation and tensile strength.
- Polymer, Advanced polymer, Supermolecular, Cyclodextrin, Polyurethane, Polyrotaxane
- Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Sciences
- Hakariya, M.; Arisaka, Y.; Masuda, H.; Yoda, T.; Tamura, A.; Iwata, T.; Yui, N. Tissue Adhesion-Anisotropic Polyrotaxane Hydrogels Bilayered with Collagen. Gels 2021, 7, 168. https://doi.org/10.3390/gels7040168
- Noda, Y., Hayashi, Y. and Ito, K. (2014), From topological gels to slide-ring materials. J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 131, 40509, doi: 10.1002/app.40509
- No data provided
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Lee et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Publish scientific posters with Peeref
Peeref publishes scientific posters from all research disciplines. Our Diamond Open Access policy means free access to content and no publication fees for authors.Learn More
Find the ideal target journal for your manuscript
Explore over 38,000 international journals covering a vast array of academic fields.Search