Application of silver metal-polymer nanocomposites in the analysis of iodide ions
PUBLISHED July 03, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p2528244)
Tatiana Kolesnikova1 , Igor Uflyand1
- Southern Federal University
Conference / event
- 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials ASAM-8, July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- At present, the interest of analytical chemists in metal-containing nanocomposites has increased significantly. This is primarily due to the possibility of their application as optical sensors. The operation of such sensors is based on the phenomenon of surface plasmon resonance (SPR). The result of this study is the development of a new sensitive method for the determination of iodide ions based on the use of paper modified with silver nanoparticles (NPs). Iodides, oxidized under the action of special reagents, form molecular iodine, which is extracted by an air flow and transferred to a sensitive paper layer containing NPs. The interaction of NPs with iodine leads to traceable optical changes. The limit of detection (0.01 mg/L) and the range of determined concentrations (0.03–1.6 mg/L) of iodide ions were determined.
- Metal-containing nanocomposites, Silver nanoparticles, Iodide ions, Iodine, Reactive indicator paper
- Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Material Sciences
-  J.R. Morones, J.L. Elechiguerra, A. Camacho, K. Holt, J.B. Kouri, J.T. Ramírez, M.J. Yacaman, Nanotechnology 16 (2005) 2346
-  P. Vasileva, B. Donkova, I. Karadjova, C. Dushkin, Colloids Surf., A 382 (2011) 203.
-  T.S. Kolesnikova, A.O. Zarubina, M.O. Gorbunova, V.A. Zhinzhilo, G.I. Dzhardimalieva, I.E. Uflyand, Materials 15 (2022) 8376
- This work was supported by the Russian Science Foundation (No. №22-13-00260)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Kolesnikova et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Find Funding. Review Successful Grants.
Explore over 25,000 new funding opportunities and over 6,000,000 successful grants.Explore
Become a Peeref-certified reviewer
The Peeref Institute provides free reviewer training that teaches the core competencies of the academic peer review process.Get Started