Synthesis and characterization of polyrotaxane based on mono-6-tosyl-β -cyclodextrin
PUBLISHED July 03, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p1226234)
Chaijun Lee1 , Jihyun Lee1 , Jinwoong Jung2 , Ildoo Chung1
- Pusan National University
- Dongah Chemical Co
Conference / event
- The 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials (ASAM-8), July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- β-Cyclodextrin(β-CD) is a type of cyclic oligosaccharide used in various fields such as drug delivery, gene therapy, catalyst, chemical sensor, and liquid crystal. Mono-6-deoxy-6-(p-tolylsulfonyl)-β-cyclodextrin (TsO-β-CD) was synthesized by replacing one hydroxyl group among 21 hydroxyl groups in β-CD under various pH conditions using p-toluenesulfonyl chloride(p-TsCl),and used to synthesis polyrotaxane by threading TsO-β-CD on PPG-diamine with a molecular weight of 2000, followed by end capping using Trt-Gly-OH , N-Hydroxysuccinimide (NHS), ethylene dichloride (EDC). The synthesized CD derivatives and polyrotaxane were characterized by 1HNMR and FTIR spectroscopies.
- Mono-6-tosyl-β -cyclodextrin, Polyrotaxane, Cyclodextrin, Tosylation
- Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Chemistry, Material Sciences
- Liu, H., Qi, C., Feng, Z. et al. Adsorption of trace thorium(IV) from aqueous solution by mono-modified β-cyclodextrin polyrotaxane using response surface methodology (RSM). J Radioanal Nucl Chem 314, 1607–1618 (2017).
- Xu, L.; Xing, C.-Y.; Ke, D.; Chen, L.; Qiu, Z.-J.; Zeng, S.-L.; Li, B.-J.; Zhang, S. Amino-Functionalized β-Cyclodextrin to Construct Green Metal−Organic Framework Materials for CO2 Capture. ACS Appl.Mater. Interfaces 2020, 12, 3032−3041.
- the Ministry of Trade Industry & Energy (No. 20011422)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Lee et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Publish scientific posters with Peeref
Peeref publishes scientific posters from all research disciplines. Our Diamond Open Access policy means free access to content and no publication fees for authors.Learn More
Ask a Question. Answer a Question.
Quickly pose questions to the entire community. Debate answers and get clarity on the most important issues facing researchers.Get Started