Synthesis and characterization of L-threonine polyurethane (LTHU) nanoparticles for drug delivery system
PUBLISHED July 03, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p3992803)
Soojeong Choi1 , Seoeun Oh1 , Ildoo Chung1
- Pusan National University
Conference / event
- 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials ASAM-8, July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- The L-threonine polyurethane (LTHU) for matrix of drug delivery vehicle was synthesized using desaminotyrosyl L-threonine hexyl ester (DLTHE), poly(lactic acid)-poly(ethylene glycol)-poly(lactic acid) (PLA-PEG-PLA) and 1,6-hexamethylene diisocyanate (HMDI). The DLTHE was prepared based on the L-threonine hexyl ester (LTHE), which was pre-synthesized by esterification with hexanol, and used as a chain extender in LTHU polymerization. Furthermore, LTHU was designed to be degradable through the hydrolysis and enzymatic degradation of ester and amide linkages in its polymer backbone. Using water-in-oil-in-water double emulsion techniques, LTHU nanoparticles were fabricated for encapsulating anticancer drugs such as carboplatin.
- Drug delivery system, Nanoparticle, Biodegradable, Double emulsion method, Polyurethane
- Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences
- Soo-Yong Park, Yang H. Yun, Bum-Joon Park, Hyung-Il Seo, Ildoo Chung, Fabrication and Biological Activities of Plasmid DNA Gene Carrier Nanoparticles Based on Biodegradable L-Tyrosine Polyurethane, Pharmaceuticals, 2022, vol 15, 17-33
- Soo-Yong Park, Jiin Kang, Ji-Young Yoon, Ildoo Chung, Synthesis and Characterization of Polyfumarateurethane Nanoparticles for Sustained Release of Bupivacaine, Pharmaceutics, 2020, vol 12, 281-293
- the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) (No. 2022R1I1A30535561162182065300101)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Choi et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Find the ideal target journal for your manuscript
Explore over 38,000 international journals covering a vast array of academic fields.Search
Ask a Question. Answer a Question.
Quickly pose questions to the entire community. Debate answers and get clarity on the most important issues facing researchers.Get Started