Mechanochemical synthesis of magnesium substituted hydroxyapatite
PUBLISHED July 03, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p5325121)
Svetlana Makarova1 , Natalia Bulina1 , Olga Vinokurova1
- Institute of Solid State Chemistry and Mechanochemistry SB RAS, Novosibirsk, Russia
Conference / event
- 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials ASAM-8, July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- The local environment of the substituent cation in the initial reagent plays an important role in the formation of the structure of substituted hydroxyapatite during the mechanochemical synthesis. It was found that the synthesis of magnesium-substituted HA using magnesium phosphate as a substituent carrier proceeds better than from magnesium oxide. Unlike other synthesis methods, this method makes it possible to obtain hydroxyapatite with magnesium concentration up to x=2.
- Hydroxyapatite, Mechanochemical synthesis, Magnesium, Substituted hydroxyapatite
- Chemistry, Material Sciences
- M. Sadat-Shojai et al. / Acta Biomaterialia 9 (2013) 7591–7621
- T. Tite et al. / Materials 11 (2018) 2081
- Russian Science Foundation (No. 21-12-00251)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Makarova et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.