Structural analysis of Ru/Ce1-xZrxO2 catalysts for the carbon dioxide methanation
PUBLISHED July 03, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p9320933)
Nadezhda Kharchenko1 , Vera Pakharukova1 , Anna Gorlova1 , Olga Stonkus2 , Andrey Saraev2 , Vladimir Rogozhnikov2 , Dmitriy Potemkin2
- Boreskov Institute of Catalysis, Novosibirsk, Russia; Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk
- Boreskov Institute of Catalysis, Novosibirsk, Russia
Conference / event
- 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials ASAM-8, July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- Reduction of the amount of carbon dioxide emissions into the atmosphere is one of the eco-scientific challenges. The catalytic process of CO2 methanation is of practical importance due to its use for CO2 utilization with simultaneous synthesis of energy carrier, methane. Ruthenium-based catalysts, for example, Ru/CeO2 and Ru/Ce1-xZrxO2 are known to be highly active in methanation processes. However, there is little information about structure of ruthenium-containing particles due to their high dispersion. Such studies require the use of methods that allow to solve structure at the atomic. In this case, the X-ray atomic pair distribution function (PDF) analysis can be effective. This poster presents the results of structural studies of the supported Ru/Ce1-xZrxO2 heterogeneous catalysts. For this purpose, powder X-ray diffraction (XRD) methods and PDF analysis were used. Some attention is paid to the study on structural evolution of catalyst upon its activation via reduction with use of in-situ XRD.
- Ruthenium, Ce1-xZrxO2, X-ray atomic pair distribution function analysis, CO2 methanation, In situ XRD, Powder X-ray diffraction
- Material Sciences, Physics, Environmental Sciences
- Kim A. et al. Mesoporous TiO2 support materials for Ru-based CO2 methanation catalysts //ACS Applied Nano Materials. – 2019. – Т. 2. – №. 5. – С. 3220–3230
- López-Rodríguez S. et al. Effect of Ru loading on Ru/CeO2 catalysts for CO2 methanation //Molecular Catalysis. – 2021. – Т. 515. – С. 111911.
- Rynkowski J. M. et al. Characterization of Ru/CeO2-Al2O3 catalysts and their performance in CO2 methanation //Reaction Kinetics and Catalysis Letters. – 2000. – Т. 71. – С. 55-64
- Russian Science Foundation (No. 21–73–20075)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Kharchenko et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Publish scientific posters with Peeref
Peeref publishes scientific posters from all research disciplines. Our Diamond Open Access policy means free access to content and no publication fees for authors.Learn More
Add your recorded webinar
Do you already have a recorded webinar? Grow your audience and get more views by easily listing your recording on Peeref.Upload Now