Comparison of mechanical properties of modern polymer composites used for bone tissue regeneration
PUBLISHED July 03, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2307p9375273)
Daria Gerasimova1 , Olga Moskalyuk1
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University
Conference / event
- The 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials (ASAM-8), July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- This poster presents an analysis of the available data on the mechanical properties of composites used for bone regeneration. Depending on the level of strength and elasticity of the material, the scope of its application and the form in which it can be used are selected. These can be gels, films or scaffolds. The development of composites for bone tissue regeneration is a promising direction that society needs, however, before successfully implementing such products, it is necessary to solve a number of issues - from choosing the optimal and safe material to certification, clinical trials and production.
- Bone engineering, Structural organization of bone, Composite materials, Scaffold, Polymer composites, Mechanical properties
- Material Sciences, Chemistry
- Bharadwaz, A.; Jayasuriya, A. C. Recent Trends in the Application of Widely Used Natural and Synthetic Polymer Nano-composites in Bone Tissue Regeneration. Mater. Sci. Eng. C 2020, 110, 110698. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msec.2020.110698.
- Sadeghzade S, Emadi R, Tavangarian F, Doostmohammadi A. The influence of polycaporolacton fumarate coating on mechanical properties and in vitro behavior of porous diopside-hardystonite nano-composite scaffold. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2020 Jan;101:103445. doi: 10.1016/j.jmbbm.2019.103445. Epub 2019 Sep 25. PMID: 31569038.
- Pelaseyed SS, Madaah Hosseini HR, Nokhbedehghan Z, Samadikuchaksaraei A. PLGA/TiO2 nanocomposite scaffolds for biomedical applications: fabrication, photocatalytic, and antibacterial properties. Bioimpacts. 2021;11(1):45-52. doi: 10.34172/bi.2021.06. Epub 2020 May 27. PMID: 33469507; PMCID: PMC7803922.
- Pazarçeviren E, Erdemli Ö, Keskin D, Tezcaner A. Clinoptilolite/PCL-PEG-PCL composite scaffolds for bone tissue engineering applications. J Biomater Appl. 2017 Mar;31(8):1148-1168. doi: 10.1177/0885328216680152. Epub 2016 Nov 23. PMID: 27881642.
- No data provided
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Gerasimova et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.