Acetylene hydrogenation over Pd/MgO nanocrystalline system: Effect of the synthesis route on catalytic performance
PUBLISHED June 30, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2306p8263363)
Ekaterina Ilyina1 , Daria Yurpalova2 , Dmitriy Shlyapin2 , Gregory Veselov1 , Danil Shivtsov1 , Vladimir Stoyanovskii1 , Aleksey Vedyagin1
- Boreskov Institute of Catalysis
- Center of New Chemical Technologies BIC
Conference / event
- 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials ASAM-8, July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- In this work, a series of 1 wt.% Pd/MgO catalysts was synthesized. Such methods as aerogel preparation, xerogel preparation, and incipient wetness impregnation were used. It was shown that the preparation route affects texture and dispersion of the active metal. The Pd/MgO catalysts were investigated in the process of acetylene hydrogenation to ethylene (4% C2H2 + 96% H2; 20 – 90 °C). It was found that the aerogel method is promising for the synthesis of Pd/MgO catalyst for selective hydrogenation of acetylene to ethylene.
- Aerogel, Incipient wetness impregnation, Acetylene hydrogenation, Xerogel, Pd/MgO, Catalysis
- Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences, Nanoengineering, Chemistry
- A. Borodziński, G. Bond, Catal. Rev. Sci. Eng. 48 (2006) 91-144.
- D.A. Shlyapin, D.V. Glyzdova, T.N. Afonasenko et al. Kinet. Catal. 60 (2019) 446-452.
- Z. Guan, M. Xue, Z. Li, R. Zhang, B. Wang, Appl. Surf. Sci. 503 (2020) 144142.
- Y. He, J. Fan, J. Feng, C. Luo, P. Yang, D. Li, J. Catal. 331 (2015) 118-127.
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation (No. AAAA-A21-121011390054-1)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Ilyina et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Add your recorded webinar
Do you already have a recorded webinar? Grow your audience and get more views by easily listing your recording on Peeref.Upload Now
Create your own webinar
Interested in hosting your own webinar? Check the schedule and propose your idea to the Peeref Content Team.Create Now