Mechanism of Ln2MoO6 (Ln = La, Nd, Sm) phase formation from a mechanically activated oxide mixture
PUBLISHED June 30, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2306p7346506)
Baldin Egor1 , Vorobieva Galina1 , Kolbanev Igor1 , Shlyakhtina Anna1
- N.N. Semenov Federal Research Center for Chemical Physics
Conference / event
- 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials ASAM-8, July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- This work is devoted to the study of the synthesis of oxymolybdates by the method of mechanical activation of oxides. The starting oxides Ln2O3 (Ln = La, Nd, Sm) and MoO3 were preheated to remove water and carbon dioxide and then ground to a nanoscale state in a SPEX8000 ball mill. The m/a mixture was then studied by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) to identify thermal effects associated with phase synthesis. Four to six exothermic peaks were observed in all three systems. The structure of the phases before and after exoeffects was determined by X-ray diffraction. It is shown that the synthesis of oxymolybdates La, Nd, Sm proceeds with the intermediate formation of phases rich in molybdenum oxide, namely scheelite-like Ln2(MoO4)3 (oxide ratio 1:3, for all REE considered) and La2Mo2O9 (1:2, only for lanthanum).
- Mechanoactivation, Phase formation, Rare-earth molybdate, Mechanochemistry
- Material Sciences, Chemistry
- Blasse G. Dilanthanide molybdates and tungstates Ln2MO6//Journal of Inorganic and Nuclear Chemistry, 1966, Vol. 28, No. 6-7, P. 1488-1489.
- Kolbanev I.V., Shlyakhtina A.V., Degtyarev E.N., Konysheva E.Yu., Lyskov N.V., Stolbov D.N., Streletskii A.N. Room‐temperature mechanochemical synthesis of RE molybdates: Impact of structural similarity and basicity of oxides//Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 2021, Vol. 104, No. 11, P. 5698-5710.
- Ministry of Education and Science allocated by the FRC CP RAS for the implementation of the state assignment (No. No.122040500071-0, No. 122040500068-0)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Egor et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Find Funding. Review Successful Grants.
Explore over 25,000 new funding opportunities and over 6,000,000 successful grants.Explore
Publish scientific posters with Peeref
Peeref publishes scientific posters from all research disciplines. Our Diamond Open Access policy means free access to content and no publication fees for authors.Learn More