Lignin valorisation in the presence of SiO2@Polymer supported catalysts
PUBLISHED June 27, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2306p1863432)
Antonina Stepacheva1 , Mariia Markova1 , Oleg Manaenkov1 , Mikhail Sulman1
- Tver State Technical University
Conference / event
- The 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials (ASAM-8), July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- In this work, we report novel efficient catalysts for lignin hydrogenolysis to produce valuable monophenolic compounds. The synthesized catalysts contained Ni, Ru, and Ni-Ru nanoparticles supported on SiO2-coated hypercrosslinked polystyrene (SiO2@HPS). Ni-Ru/SiO2@HPS demon-strated remarkable stability without any loss of metallic phase and high yield of monophenols (>42 wt. %) at close to full lignin conversion (>95 %). This result was attributed to the synergy between two metals and support surface acidity. All catalysts were fully characterized by a pool of physic-chemicals methods.
- Lignin, Silica, Hypercrosslinked polystyrene, Monophenols
- Chemical Engineering, Chemistry
- No data provided
- Russian Science Foundation (No. 22-79-10096)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Stepacheva et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Add your recorded webinar
Do you already have a recorded webinar? Grow your audience and get more views by easily listing your recording on Peeref.Upload Now
Become a Peeref-certified reviewer
The Peeref Institute provides free reviewer training that teaches the core competencies of the academic peer review process.Get Started