Highly dispersed Pd/MgO catalysts based on nanocrystalline MgO prepared via sol-gel method
PUBLISHED May 22, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2305p9344928)
Grigory Veselov1 , Ekaterina Ilyina1 , Danil Shivtsov1 , Vladimir Stoyanovskii1 , Aleksey Vedyagin1
- Boreskov Institute of Catalysis
Conference / event
- 8th Asian Symposium on Advanced Materials, July 2023 (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation)
- Materials based on nanocrystalline magnesium oxide attract great attention of researchers. MgO nanoparticles find use in organic synthesis as heterogeneous basic catalysts. MgO is a prospective sorbent material for the capture of CO2 and chloroorganic compounds. It is used as a support in traditional heterogenous catalysis in processes of dry reforming and CO2 methanation. One of the most prospective approaches for the preparation of nanocrystalline MgO is alkoxide sol-gel synthesis of Mg(OH)2 gels followed by supercritical drying. Recently, we developed a modified “one-step” approach to the synthesis of two- and three- component oxide systems based on MgO. In this approach, soluble inorganic salts serve as precursors. In this work the approach was applied to the preparation of 1 wt.% Pd/MgO catalysts. The samples were studied via nitrogen adsorption, TEM and UV-vis spectroscopy. Catalytic activity in CO oxidation was evaluated in prompt thermal aging (PTA) mode to test thermal stability.
- MgO, Palladium, Aerogel, Thermal stability, CO oxidation
- Chemistry, Material Sciences
- H. Dabhane et al., Eur. J. Chem. 12 (2021) 86-108. https://doi.org/10.5155/eurjchem.12.1.86-108.2060
- A.F. Bedilo, J. Phys. Chem. C 118 (2014) 13715-13725. https://doi.org/10.1021/jp503916e
- G.B. Veselov et al., Reac. Kinet. Mech. Catal. 136 (2023) 233–250. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11144-022-02336-1
- G.B. Veselov et al., Materials 13 (2020) 4404. https://doi.org/10.3390/ma13194404
- A.A. Vedyagin et al., J. Sol-gel Sci. Technol. 82 (2017) 611-619. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10971-017-4321-3
- No data provided
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Veselov et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.