505 Views · 31 Downloads · ☆☆☆☆☆ 0.0
Hydrocele of canal of Nuck in adult females – A series of two cases
PUBLISHED May 05, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2305p1720013)
NOT PEER REVIEWED
Devi Shanker Malik1 , Mahipal Singh Choudhary2 , Nisha Aurora2 , Buddhi Singh Dhakad2
- Eternal hospital Jaipur, India
- Eternal Hospital Jaipur, India
Conference / event
- International conference of AWR deep Impact, March 2023 (New Delhi, India)
- Hydrocele of canal of Nuck in adult females is exceptionally rare. The canal of Nuck is the portion of processus vaginalis in the inguinal canal in women. This is homologous to the processus vaginalis of male anatomy. Although canal of Nuck normally disappears without a trace in the first year of life, if it remains patent, then it can lead to development of indirect inguinal hernia or hydrocele of canal of Nuck. Ultrasonography is the preferred investigation. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) done to confirm the diagnosis preoperatively. The treatment remains the excision of hydrocele of canal of nuck. We are presenting two cases of hydrocele of canal of Nuck in adult female, one Bilateral and another unilateral which were treated by laparoscopic excision of hydrocele with mesh repair.
- Patent processus vaginalis, Hydrocele of canal of Nuck, Female hydrocele
- 1. Anderson CC, Broadie TA, Mackey JE, et al. Hydrocele of the canal of Nuck: ultrasound appearance. Am Surg. 1995;61:959–961. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- 2. Rees, M.A.; Squires, J.E.; Tadros, S.; Squires, J.H. Canal of Nuck hernia: A multimodality imaging review. Pediatric Radiol. 2017, 47, 893–898. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- 3. Panagiotis Fikatas et al. Hydroceles of the canal of Nuck in adults-Diagnostic,Treatment and results of a rare condition in fmales: J clin Med,2020,9,4026;doi:10.3390/jcm9124026
- 4. Sarkar, S.; Panja, S.; Kumar, S. Hydrocele of the Canal of Nuck (Female Hydrocele): A Rare Differential for Inguino-Labial Swelling. J. Clin. Diagn. Res. 2016, 10, PD21–PD22. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- 5. Thomas, A.K.; Thomas, R.L.; Thomas, B. Canal of Nuck Abnormalities. J. Ultrasound Med. 2020, 39, 385–395. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- No data provided
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Malik et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Malik, D., Choudhary, M., Aurora, N., Dhakad, B. Hydrocele of canal of Nuck in adult females – A series of two cases [not peer reviewed]. Peeref 2023 (poster).Copy citation