55 Views · 19 Downloads · ☆☆☆☆☆ 0.0
A novel prototype photoreactor for the removal of emerging contaminants from industrial sewage through solar-driven photocatalysis
PUBLISHED April 28, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2304p1197879)
NOT PEER REVIEWED
Ikhtiar Gul1 , Murtaza Sayed1
- NCE in Physical Chemistry, University of Peshawar, Peshawar, Pakistan
Conference / event
- First International Conference of Chemistry, Materials & Technology (CMT-2023), March 2023 (Faisalabad, Pakistan)
- Water is essential to life for maintaining biological processes. A small portion (0.65%) of the total water mass can be directly used by human. The remaining water mass are contaminated by using pharmaceuticals, pesticides etc., improperly. Thus, in this work, bismuth-doped titania (BixTiO2) with improved oxygen vacancies and Ti3+ was synthesized as a novel peroxymonosulfate (PMS) activator. PMS and adsorbed oxygen molecules could efficiently be transformed into their respective radicals through defect ionization. These radicals were successfully employed for the efficient removal of flumequine (FLU) contaminant, in the aquatic environment. For efficient application in real aquatic system different wastewater concern parameters were applied to get prolific results. Moreover, the as-synthesized Bi-TiO2 material was fully characterized. The kinetics, degradation pathways, ecotoxicity, and catalytic mechanism for recalcitrant FLU were also elucidated. Cost-efficient and environment-friendly recommends this design strategy; BixTiO2/HSO5- system is a promising advanced oxidation process for the aquatic environment remediation.
- AOPs, Flumequine, HSO5-activation, Oxygen vacancy, Water treatment
- Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Toxicology, Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences
- Ikhtiar Gul, Murtaza Sayed, Noor S. Shah. Chemical Engineering Journal. 384, (2020), 123255.
- Ikhtiar Gul, Murtaza Sayed, Javed Ali Khan. Environmental Science & Pollution Research. 28, (2021) 23368–23385 .
- No data provided
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Gul et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Gul, I., Sayed, M. A novel prototype photoreactor for the removal of emerging contaminants from industrial sewage through solar-driven photocatalysis [not peer reviewed]. Peeref 2023 (poster).Copy citation