93 Views · 17 Downloads · ☆☆☆☆☆ 0.0
The promotion of plant growth and fruit features after the application of chitosan isolated from Parapenaeus longirostris shells
PUBLISHED April 28, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2304p6016747)
NOT PEER REVIEWED
Fatima El Amerany1
- Cadi Ayyad University
Conference / event
- Troisième Congrès International Biotechnologies au Service de la Société Biotech 2020, February 2020 (Fès, Morocco)
- Recently, novel strategies, especially marine waste’s valorization and providing plant biostimulants, have been proposed to reduce the cause of climate change and to increase plant productivity, respectively. This study was conducted to analyse the effect of chitosan, a biostimulant isolated from Parapenaeus longirostris shells, on tomato growth and fruit features. A significant increase in shoot growth, stomatal conductance, and xylem vessels’ number in plants treated with chitosan was recorded. Furthermore, the levels of sucrose and primary metabolites derived from glycolysis were induced in fruits treated with chitosan. Thus, chitosan affects the inner and outer pores and primary metabolic pathways.
- Chitosan, Fruit quality, Plant development, Mechanisms, Fertilizers
- Anatomy and Physiology, Plant Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Agriculture, Biochemistry
- Bazaïri, H.; Bayed, A.; Glémarec, M.; Hily, C. 2003. Oceanologica Acta, 26, 457-471.
- Mirzabaev, A.; Wu, J.; Evans, J.; Garcia-Oliva, F.; Hussein, I.A.G.; Iqbal, M.M.; Kimutai, J.; Knowles, T.; Meza, F.; Nedjraoui, D.; Tena, F.; Türkeş, M.; Vázquez, R.J.; Weltz, M. 2019. In Climate Change and Land: an IPCC special report on climate change, desertification, land degradation, sustainable land management, food security, and greenhouse gas fluxes in terrestrial ecosystems (pp. 249-343). In press.
- Saadi, S.; Todorovic, M.; Tanasijevic, L.; Pereira, L.S.; Pizzigalli, C.; Lionello, P. 2015. Agricultural Water Management, 147, 103-115.
- Lincln, S.; Andrews, B.; Birchenough, S.N.; Chowdhury, P.; Engelhard, G.H.; Harrod, O.; Pinnegar, J.K.; Townhill, B.L. 2022. Science of the Total Environment, 155709.
- El Amerany, F.; Rhazi, M.;Wahbi, S.; Taourirte, M.; Meddich, A. 2020. Scientia Horticulturae, 261, 109015.
- Barka, E.A.; Eullaffroy, P.; Clément, C.; Vernet, G. 2004. Plant Cell Reports, 22, 608–614.
- Sharma, D.K.; Andersen, S.B.; Ottosen, C.O., Ahmad, B.; Jaleel, H.; Shabbir, A.; Khan, M.M.A.; Sadiq, Y. 2019. Scientia Horticulturae, 246, 371–379.
- Sharma, D.K.; Andersen, S.B.; Ottosen, C.O.; Rosenqvist, E. 2015. Physiol. Plant 153, 284–298.
- Sajid, M.; Basit, A.; Ullah, Z.; Shah, S.T.; Ullah, I.; Mohamed, H.I.; Ullah, I. 2020. Bull. Natl. Res. Cent. 2020, 44, 150.
- Centre National pour la Recherche Scientifique et Technique (CNRST) Maroc (No. [33UCA2015, 2015])
- Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) (No. [91645793, 2018])
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 El Amerany. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
El Amerany, F. The promotion of plant growth and fruit features after the application of chitosan isolated from Parapenaeus longirostris shells [not peer reviewed]. Peeref 2023 (poster).Copy citation