38 Views · 13 Downloads · ☆☆☆☆☆ 0.0
The development of PCL/graphene 3D scaffold for enhancing osteoinductive
PUBLISHED April 28, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2304p2435867)
NOT PEER REVIEWED
Silvia Anitasari1 , Hendrik Budi2 , Ching-Zong Wu3 , Yung-Kang Shen3
- Universitas Mulawarman
- Universitas Airlangga
- Taipei Medical University
Conference / event
- Taiwan International Dental Show, October 2021 (Taipei, Taiwan)
- This study investigated the ability of PCL/graphene to enhance the osteo-inductive mechanism of MG63 cell-like osteoblast cell lines. The scaffold was developed using a particulate-leaching process and cultured with MG63 cell-like osteoblast cell lines at 0.5, 1.5, and 2.5 wt% of graphene. Graphene enhanced the biocompatibility of the scaffolds, and 2.5 wt% of graphene exhibited good characteristics over other concentrations. This suggests that PCL/graphene composites may have potential applications in bone engineering.
- Osteo-inductive, MG-63, Bone engineering
- Bioengineering, Material Sciences
- Pinto AM, Goncalves IC, Magalhaes FD. Graphene-based materials biocompatibility: a review. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2013;111: 188-202
- Sepidar S, Murray E, Thompson BC, Gambhir S, Officer DL, Wallace GG. Covalently linked biocompatible graphene/polycaprolactone composites for tissue engineering. Carbon. 2013; 52: 296-304
- Zhang R, Li X, Liu Y, Gao X, Zhu T, Lu L. Acceleration of Bone Regeneration in Critical-Size Defect Using BMP-9- Loaded nHA/ColI/MWCNTs Scaffolds Seeded with Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Biomed Res Int. 2019, Article ID 7343957,10 pages.
- Zhang C, Salick MR, Cordie TM, Ellingham T, Dan Y, Turng LS. Incorporation of Poly (Ethylene Glycol) Grafted Cellulose Nanocrystals in Poly (Lactic Acid) Electrospun Nanocomposite Fibers as Potential Scaffolds for Bone Tissue Engineering. Mater Sci. Eng., C. 2015; 49: 463-71.
- Jing X, Mi HY, Salick MR, Cordie TM, Peng XF, Turng LS. Electrospinning Thermoplastic Polyurethane/ Graphene Oxide Scaffolds for Small Diameter Vascular Graft Applications. Mater Sci. Eng C. 2015;40: 40-50.
- Anitasari S, Wu CZ, Shen YK. PCL/Graphene Scaffolds for the Osteogenesis Process. Bioengineering, 2023;10:305.
- Huang HY, Fan FY, Shen YK, Wang CH, Huang YT, Chern MJ,Wang YH,Wang L. 3D Poly-€-Caprolactone/ Graphene Porous Scaffolds for Bone Tissue Engineering. Colloids Surf. A Physicochem Eng Asp. 2020;606: 125393.
- Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan (No. No. MOST 111-2221-E-038-021)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Anitasari et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Anitasari, S., Budi, H., Wu, C., Shen, Y. The development of PCL/graphene 3D scaffold for enhancing osteoinductive [not peer reviewed]. Peeref 2023 (poster).Copy citation