21 Views · 17 Downloads · ☆☆☆☆☆ 0.0
Probing spatial location of words-markers for 6 broad personality traits on the surface of rugby cake shape representing 3-D structure of Russian personality lexicon
PUBLISHED April 28, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2304p9093888)
NOT PEER REVIEWED
- Federal Research Centre for Fundamental and Translational Medicine, Novosibirsk, Russia
Conference / event
- The International Society for the Study of Individual Differences 2019, August 2019 (Florence, Italy)
- The rugby cake model in the shape of triaxial ellipsoid was previously proposed to structure personality trait terms (Putilov, 2016, 2018). In this structural representation of personality lexicon, six largest factorial dimensions of personality are visualized as pairwise combinations of just three spatial dimensions that are unequal in length, possibly, due to inequality of their importance for personality perception. The present study was aimed on 1) selection of the words-markers of broad personality traits representing six largest factorial dimensions and 2) spatial location of these words on the surface of 3-D shape. By applying factor analysis with varimax rotation to the responses of 1023 volunteers to the list of 172 personality-relevant nouns, 36 words-markers of six broad personality traits were selected from nouns with the highest loadings on six rotated factors, and these words were visualized by their mapping on the surface of 3-D structural representation of Russian personality lexicon.
- Personality traits, Personality structure, Factor analysis
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences
- Putilov A.A. A 3-D look at the Russian personality traits structure. Current Psychology 2018, 37(3): 528–542. DOI: 10.1007/s12144-016-9535-y
- No data provided
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 Putilov. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Putilov, A. Probing spatial location of words-markers for 6 broad personality traits on the surface of rugby cake shape representing 3-D structure of Russian personality lexicon [not peer reviewed]. Peeref 2023 (poster).Copy citation