44 Views · 7 Downloads · ★★★★★ 5.0
Simulation of solar assisted solid desiccant cooling systems using TRNSYS
PUBLISHED March 15, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2303p4715094)
NOT PEER REVIEWED
- Government Engineering College Dahod
Conference / event
- ISHMT-ASTFE Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, December 2013 (Kharagpur, India)
- Use of renewable solar energy can be a good source for regeneration heat provided in desiccant assisted evaporative cooling systems in producing required indoor thermal comfort. Desiccant dehumidification assisted evaporative cooling systems can be successfully coupled with renewable solar thermal power to dampen electricity use and to conserve environment in place of VCR based traditional air-conditioning. The energy saving potential of solar powered desiccant cooling technologies is promising as compared to the VCR based conventional cooling systems. It is found that the solid desiccant integrated hybrid cooling systems are more favourable than the conventional vapour compression cooling, because it is a better means for economical and cleaner air-conditioning. The present poster can ameliorate the usefulness of solar energy as renewable regeneration heat source in heat driven solid desiccant based hybrid cooling system and helps in inspiring investigators to take the research opportunities in this area.
- Renewable energy, Desiccant cooling, TRNSYS
- Energy Engineering
- Daou, K., Wang, R.Z. and Xia, Z.Z., 2006. Desiccant cooling air conditioning: a review. Renewable and sustainable energy reviews, 10(2), pp.55-77.
- No data provided
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2023 D.B.. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
D.B., J. Simulation of solar assisted solid desiccant cooling systems using TRNSYS [not peer reviewed]. Peeref 2023 (poster).Copy citation