Disintegration of lignocellulosic biomass using deep eutectic solvents: degradation kinetics and Py-GCMS study
发表日期 April 28, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2304p2942277)
Abhisek Sahoo1 , Thallada Bhaskar2 , Kamal K. Pant1
- Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology – Delhi
- Thermo-catalytic Process Area, Indian Institute of Petroleum - Dehradun
- International Conference on Biotechnology for Resource Efficiency, Energy, Environment, Chemicals and Health (BRE3CH-2021), December 2021 (Dehradun, India)
- The study explored the use of sugarcane bagasse and coconut coir pith as feedstock for lignin extraction through a Deep Eutectic Solvent pre-treatment process. Three DESs were synthesized, and Choline based Lewis acid DESs showed >80% lignin extraction. Pyrolysis-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (Py-GC/MS) was used to characterize the isolated lignin. Degradation kinetics and variation in the S/G ratio of biomass-derived lignin were evaluated. The study showed that there is a practical way to quickly characterize lignocellulosic biomass and a new way to use it all in a biorefinery. A comparative kinetic evaluation study of the pyrolysis reaction was also performed using a thermogravimetric analyzer (TGA).
- Sugarcane bagasse, Coconut coir pith, Deep eutectic solvents, Delignificaton, TGA, Py-GC/MS
- Chemical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Environmental Engineering
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Copyright © 2023 Sahoo et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Add your recorded webinar
Do you already have a recorded webinar? Grow your audience and get more views by easily listing your recording on Peeref.Upload Now
Become a Peeref-certified reviewer
The Peeref Institute provides free reviewer training that teaches the core competencies of the academic peer review process.Get Started