A Rare Case of Neurofibroma of the Anterior Abdominal Wall
发表日期 October 15, 2022 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2210p1298494)
Lakshya Mittal1 , Reetesh Pathak1
- Jaipur National University Institute For Medical Sciences & Research Centre
- 16th Annual Conference of Hernia Society of India, May 2022 (Jaipur, India)
- Neurofibroma is the most prevalent benign neurogenic tumour. Neurofibromas in the abdominal wall are very rare and not reported till now in this area to the tertiary care teaching hospital. The most common site affected is the retroperitoneal space. Provisional diagnosis can be made by ultrasonography, CT scan, MRI, but final diagnosis is made by histopathology and immunohistochemistry. Treatment includes surgical wide excision.
- Rare, Hernia, Neurofibroma, Abdomen, Tumour
- Anatomy and Physiology, Biological Sciences, Education, Medicine
- Shimada H, Ambros IM, Dehner LP, Hata J I, Joshi VV, Roald B, et al. The international neuroblastoma pathology classification (the Shimada system) Cancer. 1999;86:364–72. [PubMed] [Google Scholar
- Barajas-Gamboa JS, Flórez-Salamanca L. Solitary neurofibroma in the abdominal wall of a patient without neurofibromatosis:Case report. Biomédica [Internet] 2009;29(4):501–05. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Venadero F, Rodríguez M, Merelo V, Cervantes A, Ramos A. Solitary neurofibroma. Two cases report. Rev Cent Dermatol Pascua. 2004;13:99–102. [Google Scholar]
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Copyright © 2022 Mittal et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.