Tribological behavior of WC/C coated AISI 420 steel in artificial saliva
发表日期 April 24, 2023 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2304p9756340)
Sara Blunk1 , Ricardo Torres1 , Leticia Bemben2 , Mirella Manosso3 , Paulo Soares1
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Paraná, Curitiba, Brazil
- Neodent, Curitiba, Brazil
- Straumann Group, Basel, Switzerland
- 24th Wear of Materials, April 2023 (Banff, Canada)
- Tungsten carbide (WC/C) coated AISI 420 steel has been used as dental instruments such as milling cutters and drills due to their unique combination of properties. Wear resistance is one of the most important issues and the salivary environment is particularly important to consider, as it can induce a wear mechanism on the surface of dental instruments.
- Thin film, Tungsten carbide, Stainless steel, Wear rate, Saliva
- Bioengineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nanoengineering, Physics, Material Sciences
- Tavsanoglu, T., Begum, C., Alkan, M., & Yucel, O. (2013). Deposition and characterization of tungsten carbide thin films by DC magnetron sputtering for wear-resistant applications. Jom, 65(4), 562-566
- Holmes, D., Sharifi, S., Stack, M.M. (2014) Tribo-corrosion of steel in artificial saliva, Tribology International, Volume 75, 80-86.
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Copyright © 2023 Blunk et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Publish scientific posters with Peeref
Peeref publishes scientific posters from all research disciplines. Our Diamond Open Access policy means free access to content and no publication fees for authors.Learn More
Add your recorded webinar
Do you already have a recorded webinar? Grow your audience and get more views by easily listing your recording on Peeref.Upload Now