83 Views · 37 Downloads · ★★★★★ 5.0
Characterization of polyolefins using high-temperature size exclusion chromatography coupled with an infrared detector (HT-SEC-IR5)
PUBLISHED December 06, 2022 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2212p1310865)
NOT PEER REVIEWED
Robert Brüll1 , Hamza Mahmoud Aboelanin2 , Subrajeet Deshmukh1 , Tibor Macko1 , Jan-Hendrik Arndt1 , Stepan Podzimek2
- Fraunhofer Institute for Structural Durability and System Reliability, Division Plastics
- University of Pardubice, Institute of Chemistry and Technology of Macromolecular Materials
Conference / event
- POLY-CHAR 2022, May 2022 (Virtual)
- The molecular structure of polyolefins copolymers is important for the research and development of polyolefins. The chemical composition distribution of polyolefins copolymers synthesized by different catalytic systems and varying comonomer types was studied using high-temperature size exclusion chromatography (HT-SEC) coupled with a new model of an infrared detector (model IR5, PolymerChar, Valencia, Spain). The IR5 detector enables monitoring of the IR response of methyl (-CH3) and methylene groups (-CH2-) in macromolecules with high sensitivity. We have investigated the dependence of the CH3/CH2 ratio along the molar mass axis for the series of ethylene/1-alkene copolymers.
- Polyolefins, Size exclusion chromatography, Chemical composition distribution, FTIR
- Chemistry, Material Sciences
- A. Ortín, J. Montesinos, E. López, P. del Hierro, B. Monrabal, J.R. Torres-Lapasió, M.C. García- Álvarez-Coque, Macromol. Symp. 2013, 330, 63
- H. M. Aboelanin, S. Deshmukh, T. Macko, J.-H. Arndt, S. Podzimek, R. Brüll, Macromol. Symp. 2022, submitted
- ERASMUS+ program through University of Pardubice cooperated with Fraunhofer Institute for Structural Durability and System Reliability (LBF).
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2022 Brüll et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Brüll, R., Aboelanin, H., Deshmukh, S., Macko, T., Arndt, J., Podzimek, S. Characterization of polyolefins using high-temperature size exclusion chromatography coupled with an infrared detector (HT-SEC-IR5) [not peer reviewed]. Peeref 2022 (poster).Copy citation