33 Views · 21 Downloads · ☆☆☆☆☆ 0.0
Magnetization Reversal and Domain Structures in Perpendicular Synthetic Antiferromagnets Prepared on Rigid and Flexible Substrates
PUBLISHED October 13, 2022 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.54985/peeref.2210p5225446)
NOT PEER REVIEWED
Shaktiranjan Mohanty1 , Minaxi Sharma1 , Ashish Kumar Moharana1 , Brindaban Ojha1 , Esita Pandey1 , Braj Bhusan Singh1 , Subhankar Bedanta1
- National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar
Conference / event
- Annual Conference on Quantum Condensed Matter (QMAT) 2022, September 2022 (Kanpur, India)
- Ferromagnetic (FM) layers separated by nonmagnetic metallic spacer layers can exhibit Ruderman-Kittel-Kasuya-Yosida (RKKY) coupling, which may lead to a stable synthetic antiferromagnetic (SAF) phase. In this article, we have studied magnetization reversal by varying the number of bilayer stacks [Pt/Co] as well as thicknesses of Ir space layer t_Ir on rigid Si(100) and flexible polyimide substrates. The samples with t_Ir = 1.0 nm show a FM coupling, whereas samples with t_Ir = 1.5 nm show an antiferromagnetic (AFM) coupling between the FM layers. At t_Ir = 2.0 nm, it shows a bow-tie shaped hysteresis loop indicating a canting of magnetization at the reversal. We have also demonstrated the strain-induced modification of IEC as well as magnetization reversal phenomena. The IEC shows a slight decrease upon application of compressive strain and increase upon application of tensile strain, which indicates the potential of SAFs in flexible spintronics.
- Synthetic antiferromagnets, Interlayer exchange coupling, Flexible spintronics, Magnetic domains, Perpendicular magnetic anisotropy
- Zhao, Zhiya, et al. "Magnetic properties of uniaxial synthetic antiferromagnets for spin-valve applications." Physical Review B 71.10 (2005): 104417.
- Stiles, M. D. (1999). Interlayer exchange coupling. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 200(1-3), 322-337.
- Chen, Binbin, et al. "All-oxide–based synthetic antiferromagnets exhibiting layer-resolved magnetization reversal." Science 357.6347 (2017): 191-194.
- Duine, R. A., et al. "Synthetic antiferromagnetic spintronics." Nature physics 14.3 (2018): 217-219.
- Mohanty, Shaktiranjan, et al. "Magnetization reversal and domain structures in perpendicular synthetic antiferromagnets prepared on rigid and flexible substrates." JOM 74.6 (2022): 2319-2327.
- Department ofAtomic Energy, Govt.of India
- Department of Science and Technology-Science and Engineering Research Board, Govt. of India (No. CRG/2021/001245)
- No data provided
- Competing interests
- No competing interests were disclosed.
- Data availability statement
- The datasets generated during and / or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
- Creative Commons license
- Copyright © 2022 Mohanty et al. This is an open access work distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Mohanty, S., Sharma, M., Moharana, A., Ojha, B., Pandey, E., Singh, B., Bedanta, S. Magnetization Reversal and Domain Structures in Perpendicular Synthetic Antiferromagnets Prepared on Rigid and Flexible Substrates [not peer reviewed]. Peeref 2022 (poster).Copy citation